Located 120kms north of Melbourne in the temperate Strathbogie Ranges, a region synonymous with thoroughbred breeding, cattle production, and viticulture. Although Shelmont is currently used for cropping and running Merino ewes, it would suit a variety of agricultural pursuits. It is an outstanding parcel of land which includes approximately 2kms of Hughes Creek frontage and is complemented by highly productive and fertile sandy loam soils.
An outstanding farming opportunity that is often sought but rarely found in the tightly held Avenel district.
* 5 paddocks with creek frontage (troughs to each paddock)
* 62 megalitre winter fill permit
* Assorted farm shedding including 2 x Hay sheds, machinery shed & silo
A large early Australian homestead constructed in the 1920's set in established gardens and located on the banks of the picturesque Hughes Creek.
A spacious country homestead consisting of:
* Double door entry with original leadlight windows
* 4 large bedrooms, 2 with open fire-places
* Formal lounge with wood fire, split system, ceiling fan & polished timber flooring
* An open plan country Kitchen (with butlers pantry) and dining area
* Main living area with wood fire, French doors opening to the wide back veranda overlooking the red-gums which line Hughes Creek
* Home office/study with private entrance
* Central main bathroom with freestanding claw-foot bath
* Large laundry & mudroom including additional shower & toilet
* Sunroom, and rear storage room
* Solar electricity, garden water provided from stock and domestic bore
* Sandy beach area
* Generally thought to be the site of the Ned Kelly's rescue of Richard Shelton after the young boy fell into Hughes Creek
Versatile land such as this seldom comes onto the market and with favorable seasonal conditions and strong commodity prices now is the time to act on this rare and wonderful opportunity.
Sold by EOI by 8th November 2021, if not sold prior.