An exclusive opportunity to secure a piece of Nagambie history with the sale of "Forbes House" circa late 1920’s.
The original home, built and enjoyed by Nagambie’s Forbes’ family for nigh on 80 years, has been expertly restored by the current owners maintaining the original integrity and charm of a bygone era.
‘Forbes House’ is centrally located within walking distance to High St, the picturesque Lake Nagambie and the railway station with regular services to Melbourne.
This character home provides garden views from every window with a productive vegetable garden, fruit-trees and low maintenance native plantings.
With 3 bedrooms (one of which is self-contained) the home lends itself to a bed & breakfast business, or visits from family and friends.
Other features include:
* Original polished pine flooring throughout
* 11ft ceilings
* Wide central hallway
* Bull nose verandahs
* A cosy, light filled lounge room with a wood fire, a large picture window and an external door leading through to a north facing veranda.
* A country style kitchen with gas cook top, double oven, dishwasher and ample storage
* An adjoining dining area with french doors opening to outdoor paved courtyard surrounded by established shade trees
* 3 bedrooms , 2 with ensuites
* Bathroom /Laundry
* Double carport
* Lockup garage & workshop
* 5KW solar system
* Evaporative cooling throughout with an extra split-system in kitchen /dining area
* Heating throughout
* 23,000L rain water storage
* Lined, below ground, original cellar
Walk-in ready, this pretty home is in the right location and a one-of-a-kind home!
0425 720 946